Your step-by-step guide to joining the Better Off Brunching community!
Here are some ways to meet people on a consistent basis to make real connections:
Volunteering in the community!
Why volunteering is good:
- Creates opportunities to meet good people consistently
- Giving back to the community is rewarding and gives you something to talk about
Why volunteering may not be for you:
- Can be time consuming so it is important to be passionate about what you are doing
- You will have to work so avoid volunteering if you like to spend your free time relaxing
There is a huge variety of volunteering opportunities ranging from delivering food to seniors to taking care of parks.
Here is a list of volunteering opportunities in NYC: NYC Volunteering
Gym and exercise class!
Why exercise classes are good:
- Meeting a range of new and experienced people in these classes so you can get better at them and learn with others
- Mental health booster - great way to let out steam after a long day
- New experiences, or routine
Why exercise classes may not be for you:
- Difficult to keep up with sometimes
- Injuries (new and old)
Exercise Classes You Can Join:
- SoulCycle - cycling
- Pure Barre - Barre
- Barry's NYC - treadmill workout
- 305 Fitness - dance/zumba
- Rumble - boxing
*These all have multiple locations, a quick google search will pull them all in.
Join an amateur sports league!
Why sports leagues are good:
- Allows you to stay active
- Hone in on your current skills
- Learn a new sport
- If you join a beginner league, they are typically very chill and take it slow with teaching
- Teammates can build new friendships/relationships inside and outside of the sport itself
Why sports leagues may not be for you:
- Time commitment can be high
- Injuries can happen
Sports leagues you can join:
- Most commonly found sports to join: flag football, softball, and basketball
Join a wine club!
Why wine clubs are good:
- Education on what drinks you like, how much you like, etc.
- Meeting new people that may enjoy similar wine
- Wine tasting - it's a fun experience and a learning experience!
Why wine clubs may not be for you:
- If you don't enjoy drinking or plan to drink less
- Expensive sometimes
Wine clubs you can join:
- New York Times Wine Club
- Le Grand Triage: Wine & Whiskey
- Orange Glou
- Gotham Winery
- New York Vintners
Go to brunch! Either with friends or Better Off Brunching
Why brunches are good
- Great food for breakfast and lunch enthusiasts
- Fun environment that allows relaxation
- Perfect for almost any occasion
- Can be a quick meet up or hours
- Can bond with friends new and old
Why brunches may not be for you:
- Since it combines two meals, you may eat one less time in the day
- You may be a little tired after (but nothing a good nap can't fix, right?)
Brunch places and events:
- Good Thanks: 131a Orchard St, New York, NY 10002
- Jack's Wife Freda: 116 8th Ave, New York, NY 10011
- The Dutch: 131 Sullivan St, New York, NY 10012
- Jacob's Pickles: 509 Amsterdam Ave, New York, NY 10024
- Sunday in Brooklyn: 348 Wythe Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11249
- Amy's Fountaine: 922 3rd Ave, New York, NY 10022
Let us know how you plan to find your people!